In honor of yesterday’s International Women’s Day, here is work we’ve done over the years to uplift women’s accomplishments and ensure equity:
- Bonnie O’Keefe imagines an Empowering Girls of Color initiative
- Kirsten Schmitz asks: Where are all the female superintendents?
- Two new reports on women in Nevada’s and Illinois’ education workforce and pay/pension inequities
- Marnie Kaplan busts three big myths about child care on equal pay day
- Andy Rotherham interviews Alex Rigsby, goalie for the gold-medal United States Women’s Olympic Hockey team, about her social-emotional mentorship with kids
- American women teachers are getting a raw deal, says Kirsten Schmitz
- Sara Mead documents a report on shamefully low pay for child care workers, most of whom are women