Tag Archives: Morgan Polikoff

For Most Students, the ESEA Reauthorization Bill Is A Big Ole Nothing Burger

It’s hard to tell what the theory of action behind the latest ESEA bill is. As far as I can tell, the only accountability–such as it is–is targeted at the bottom 5 percent of schools. Even in those schools the interventions are weak, but the bill has no real ambitions to improve outcomes for students in the remaining 95 percent of schools. Continue reading